434 Credit Score
What Is A Credit Score or FICO Score?
A credit score, also known as a FICO Score is a number that summarizes your credit risk, based on a snapshot of your credit report at a particular point in time. A credit score helps lenders evaluate your credit report and estimate your credit risk. The most widely used credit scores are FICO scores, the credit scores created by Fair Isaac Corporation.
What Makes Up a Credit Score?
Your FICO score is essentially made up of the following:
* Payment History – 35% * Total Amounts Owed – 30% * Length of Credit History – 15% * New Credit – 10% * Type of Credit in Use – 10%
How can I Rank My Score?
Scores are assigned a numeric value of between 300 and 850. Here is the general scale and what the scores may mean:
700 and above: Excellent / Very Good Credit. You are considered a low credit risk by institutions and would generally qualify for the lowest interest rates and repayment terms.
680 -699: Good Credit. You will usually be approved for loans with favorable terms.
620-679: Reasonable Credit. You are a moderate credit risk, and while you won’t usually be refused credit, you will not be able to borrow at the best rates.
550-680: Poor credit. You may have to shop around to find a lender willing to approve an application for you, and your loans will be quite expensive.
below 550: Very bad credit. You are considered a high risk customer and will have difficulty finding lenders. You will have to look seriously at some strategy of ‘credit repair’.
AnnualCreditReport.com is a website sponsored by TransUnion, Experian and Equifax. Users can request a free credit report from each service once a year.
Credit Reporting, Repair and Protection
- CreditReport.com - Free Credit Score + Free Credit Report
- myFico.com - Free FICO® Credit Score Estimator
- NationalCreditReport.com - Free Credit Report and Score
- Equifax.com - Get Equifax Credit Watch Gold 3-in-1 Now!
- TrueCredit - 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring
- Ovation Credit Report Repair - Improve Your Credit Scores
- LifeLock - Get Identity Protection!
- Smart Business Reports - Know Your Business Credit Score